Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Volvo remote
Purchased a 2001 Volvo v70 wagon with a 2.4 engine. Has no remotes. If purchase correct year model on ebay, how do I program for this year? Thanks
1
1

gas smell from trunk - '91 740, 190k
gotta get this old girl up to snuff, some friends are coming in. we haven't driven this car for a while but the last time we did, we started to notice a gas smell in the cabin. It comes from the trunk...
1
1

AD -- FS: 93 940T in USA (Central KY)
My wife has a new vehicle and we would like to sell her '93 Volvo 940. Basic info is: Located in Central KY, USA 1993 940 turbo ~120,000 miles (Estimate I haven't looked at the odometer in several...

Idle speed
Can the idle speed be adjusted on a 2000 Volvo V70 non turbo with out taking it to the dealer and put on a computer? Thanks Bob
1
1

Wheels need for C70
Hi.. RE: 2000 C70. Car came, used, with 17 inch tires. The original rims are beat up. In addition, hitting potholes almost guarantees damage to the tire... My mechanic, a Volvo ace, suggested to trade...

Last great Volvo?
This should be interesting. My '86 745 was great. Got it at 160K, 300K plus before it went to a friend who needed a car, and is still running. Got an '89 245 a few years ago, and it too...
38
38

850 Remotes Programming
I'm having trouble programming remotes for my '97 850 wagon. I replaced the batteries and now after following programming steps in Owners Manual, remotes only unlock, they won't lock the doors. Both...

Power Steering issues
Hi there, I have a 97 850 with 182k km. Lately, I've been getting an ugly whirring sound when I have to do more than a 60 degree turn. How is the power steering taken care of on this car? Could this...
2
2

Couple questions about a 1985 240
I was just going over this 1985 240 wagon I bought and there are a couple of things different than my 1987 740. 1- There is a light switch, looks like a fog light switch to the left of the dash. When...
9
9

98 V70 Radio Code Problem
My daughter ran the battery down on our 98 V70 and had to get boosted. Of course the radio showed "CODE". She tried a few different codes and failed to get it to switch on. It now reads "OFF" and when...
10
10

Ignition/Electrical problem in 1999/2000 S40
Hello all, Brief description of my issue: Trying to start my car this morning and the lights in the dashboard were flickering/dim and I think I remember a sizzling sound that I'm starting to interpret...

tail light assembly
I have an 85 244 and I'm needing a tail light assembly for it. I see plenty on ebay for the 240, but nothing listed for the 244. Is this the same tail light that is used for both cars? Thanks, Taylor
4
4

240 rebuilt Bio-diesel conversion?
Has anyone heard about this company? The Green Car Company out of Washington State in the USA, who are takingmint N.American or imported German 240 wagons and converting them todiesels (for Bio-diesel...
4
4

Volvo 740 Turbo, Gas Use and speedometer
I have a 1990 Volvo 740 Turbo sedan that?s had a lot done in the past couple of months. The brakes have been redone, most of the exhaust system has been replaced and it?s currently having the water...
5
5

flush old fuel out of system 1985 240
Howdy Volvorados, I want to either treat or flush my fuel system. The 85 240 wagon I just bought had about 1/2 tank of fuel, but the car sat for a long time - only being started occasionally. I don't...
2
2