Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1988 244GL won't start anymore
After sitting quite a while in my backyard, I tried to resurrect my 1988 244GL. At first, despite using starting fluid sprayed into the air intake, all we got were a few uneager puffs from the engine...
5
5

fuel economy issue
my 1989 Volvo 740 turbo wagon wit a 2.3 liter 8 valve's eng. aut. it got over miles in it burning or spending too much gas I already replace air filter '' set of e-3 spark plugs '' a set of boshc...
1
1

I have a 2002 S60. It is making a winding sound around the alternator
It starts fine. The lights do not dim. The AC works fine. It sounds like Power Steering. The fluid lever is full.

heavy steering, 1991 Volvo 240
My '91 Volvo 240 steers quite a bit more "heavily" than any other 240 I've owned -- not as bad as it would if the pump were completely shot, or the belt broken, but heavy none-the-less. Also seems a...
1
1

Volvo joins Australia's V8 Supercars series
From AB Volvo Cars to join Australian V8 Supercars Championship Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) announces it will have an official Volvo Polestar Racing team on the grid in the V8 Supercars Championship...
1
1

I have a 2003 S60 with a check engine light code of P2407, what is wrong?
I just have my check engine light go on for a Volvo S60 2003. The car when driven is stuttering and not running well.
2
2

Removing '98 V70 thermo housing
That's the one bolted to the engine, not the top piece with the radiator hose attached. Mine was leaking from a crack. It's near the top of the engine, looked easy enough, I thought. Remove serpentine...
1
1

Volvo testing F1-style KERS system, cites 25% fuel economy bump [w/video]
From AB Volvo Cars tests of flywheel technology confirm fuel savings of up to 25 per cent Volvo Car Group has completed extensive testing of kinetic flywheel technology on public roads - and the...

First production Volvo S60 Polestar
From ESPN Introducing the world-first production version of the Volvo S60 Polestar Developed from 17 years of motorsport experience, and sharing DNA with the 508bhp Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car, the...

VOLVO GROUPS BIGPOND AUSTRALIA
Big pond Australia wants $300 for a dedicated techie to fix our inability to access the group . Until recently we were able to freely get access now we can not get the server . The ISP Big Pond is...
1
1

2005 XC70 - intermitent alarms
Over the last couple of weeks I have had 5 alarms activated while parked outside. Most embarrasing! Rumour has it that this is a common problem on windy days. Any advice or should I just pull the...
3
3

Volvo promises new diesels, 8-speed auto
From AB Volvo Car Group launches world-first injection technology in the new VEA engine family Volvo Car Group's new engine family VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture) will be launched this autumn with...

!997 Volvo AWD Coolant Overflow (expansion) Tank.
The expansion tank walls are coated with sludge but the tank appears to be double-walled. How do I clean it out? Andy I.
2
2

2007 S60 Grinding Steering Noise
I had to replace the struts on my 2007 S60 last year. There has been no pro blem until recently when I noticed an occasional grinding noise from the le ft front wheel area when turning at low speed....
2
2

filtratation transmission
Any one used a remote engine oil filter to filter the automatic transmission oil not a line filter like magnafine but an engine oil filter attached to the fender or mudguard as we call them ?.Seems a...