00 jetta 2.0 L Automatic transmission problem

On my 2000 vw jetta with the 2.0 l auto transmission, how do i get to selenoid valve 5? Does anyone know anything about it?

Reply to
rweckerly

It's mounted on the valve body, but you must remove the auto trans pan first. Do you have a repair manual which should help doing the repair.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

no, i do not have a repair manual. is there anything else i should know about fixing my problem?

Reply to
rweckerly

What does that selonoid valve 5 do?

Reply to
rweckerly

With respect, Automatic Transmissions are not for amateurs. Unless you have some expertise in the field and know *exactly* what you are doing, you *will* screw it up. Going in without a manual is, well, uh, just stupid.

Take it to a reputable shop and have them check it. You may spend a few bucks - but the odds are far better that you will get satisfactory results.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

no manual? I been doing VW's for 35 years and don't touch a trans without a manual! Sounds like you are over your head in trying the repair. Suggest you find a shop which specializes in VW trans before it costs you more.