'03 GLI question for VW techs

I dropped my '03 GLI off on Memorial Day for a 15k service and to have them fix my recently inop A/C. Turns out the coolant recovery ball had a hairline leak whick dribbled the coolant into my engine wiring harness. It took exactly one full month for them to obtain the part, and then it turned out that they needed another similarly hard to obtain part to complete the job. I filed a Massachusetts Lemon Law complaint with VWOA to cover myself in the case that it was going to continue to be a problem, but now the car has been repaired by a VWOA tech who flew in with the part. Does this sound right? I'm happy to get the car back, but I am really wary of having a leased vehicle with any deviation from the factory wiring...especially since it took them almost six weeks to fix it. I am very worried that this car may have more problems related to this repair. Is replacing two engine wiring harnesses a difficult job? Is it something that you would be worried about insomuchas future problems?

Have not yet picked up the car, will get it on Monday. Any advice on anything to look out for that would indicate other problems related to this wiring harness replacement?

the customer service during this ordeal was decent. I was given a loaner car for the entire time out of service, no questions asked.

Reply to
lazar, z

The same thing happened with my '01 Jetta VR6. It didn't take the quite as long to fix, but they changed a huge list of stuff just i case of contamination. The only problem the car had due t contamination was the oil light would come on for no good reason. believe they changed the coolant tank, wiring harness, ECU instrument cluster, fuel pump, and a few sensors. 20k miles late and I've had no problems Core From VWsport.com NNTP Gateway

Reply to
16vCorey