Warranty coverage ? for VW NG Techs:

Oh boy-

Brought my '03 Jetta GLI in for its 15K service and to have a problem with the inop AC checked out. It turns out that the plastic anti-freeze overflow tank had a little crack in it and leaked all over the AC wiring harness, and after quite a bit of searching, the tech found it, and they are ordering the two parts needed to fix it. The car was about 1k overdue for the 15k service. Is the AC work covered by my warranty?

By the way, the service department at the dealership I am using has been great. I did not buy the car at this dealer either.

Free loaner car for the asking, and they set it up at a rental place near my work because I dropped the car off on Memorial Day when the service department was closed. They had the car in first thing on Tuesday, as promised, and called me with the bad news about the leaking coolant and blown wiring harness(es) after about 5 hours of diagnostic work. So far so good, as long as it's on the house...?

Reply to
lazar, z

It will be covered....you have a 4 year, 40,000 mile warranty....IIRC....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Excellent! Thanks!

It was just the nature of the work being done...The warranty booklet is both wordy and vague at the same time.

Reply to
lazar, z

Actually it is 4 year 50,000 mile and the drivetrain has a 5 year

60,000 mile warranty. I th>It will be covered....you have a 4 year, 40,000 mile warranty....IIRC.... >

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

I knew that my math was off....but it was close....lol

Reply to
Pete Cressman