17664: Engine Coolant Temp.Circ Open/Short to B+

Hello,

My troublesome 2000 Golf TDI PD (115bhp) has the following DTC:

17664: Engine Coolant Temp.Circ Open/Short to B+

Can anyone explain this code in a little more detail? What are the common causes of this fault?

Many thanks for your help,

Glen.

Reply to
chantries
99% of the time it's the ECT being faulty.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Thanks for the reply. I have re-seated the connection and reset the fault flag. Fingers crossed that's done the trick. Thanks again.

Reply to
chantries