1981 Diesel Rabbit repairs (and in Seattle)

I haven't been driving my Rabbit much, since it has well over 160,000 miles (odometer broke two owners ago) and I don't know the condition of the timimg belt. Now, I'm 98% sure it has a blown head gasket. Question #1: How much should I expect to pay for the head gasket replacement and the timing belt replacement? Question #2: Anyone have a repair shop in the Seattle area to recommend?

Reply to
Ken Finney

When was the last belt replaced. It is not just miles that count. If you don't know, then it is past due.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
none2u