1990 VW Fox

My Fox will start and run for a few seconds and then dies I turn the key off and restart and it does the same thing. I have replaced the fuelpump relay and the fuel filter. The fuel pump is working fine. Does anyone have any ideas what else it might be Any help would be very much appreciated.

Reply to
David in Calgary

Is the large intake boot in good shape? It sounds like a massive vacuum leak! Do you hear air hissing? Do you have the CIS-E or Digifant II injection? I forgot when they made the change.

dave

The Boot is in good shape I don't know what type of injection I have I will go look in the morning when I can see what I am doing. Somebody told me it might be the temperature sensor but I'm not sure any other ideas? thanks for the input

David

Reply to
David in Calgary

If it is CIS-E then it starts because the cold start valve shoots some fuel in the intake manifold so the engine will run until that fuel is gone. Yes probably Coolant Temperature Sensor, boot, or fuel injection fuse or ???

If Digifant II it could be the boot, ground wires and maybe CTS.

Now of course I am assuming that it does have a good ignition switch, which happens to be a common problem with symptoms like yours. ;-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

It is the CIS-E Ihave checked the fuses and boot I will check the coolant sensor tomorrow when I get back to town Happy holidays

David

Reply to
David in Calgary

I replaced the coolant sensor and everything is back to normal thanks for your help

David

Reply to
David in Calgary