20,000 mi service

I brought my '02 Jetta in to the dealer for an oil/filter change and they really pushed hard for a "20K mile service" for about $297. Besides the oil/filter change, almost all of it was stuff to "check"-- check belts, hoses, brake linings, fluids (there was a tire rotation but my tires are new). I check those things myself anyway. Am I violating anything by declining the 20K service? I didn't see that those were required to maintain warranty. What do others of you do with late model cars under warranty. Am I wrong?

Thanks, Pete

Reply to
pbeyer