Re: I love this NG!

Bernd Felsche wrote:

>> Erik Meltzer writes: >> >I used to be a die-hard Bug fan who never wanted a Golf. >> >> I "apologize" for helping to get you hooked. :-) >S'okay. :-) I even thought about getting a winter beater >to protect the GTI from the elements. But then I bought the >GTI as a winter beater to protect the airhowlers from the >elements, so I gave up on this project. >Especially so because history has taught me that winter >beaters can and do become cars I feel affectionate about. >If it can happen with an A2 Golf, which here in Germany is >about the prototypical boring normal old car, then it can >happen with anything. ;-) And I don't really need a, say, >Skoda Octavia or Citroen Xantia to feel affection for too. >The Golf needs enough of it as is. (As in, "whew that repair >sure took a lot of affection out of my bank account."

Cars do tend to have a lot of affection for bank accounts.

I'm still planning to restore that Bug convertible, BTW ...)

That'll be interesting... probably worth it in 10 years when you get around to it. :-)

Next Veteranen Treffen in Bad Camberg due in 2007. If not that one, then the one in 2011 - for the Golf, not the Bug. :-)

Reply to
Bernd Felsche