2000 Jetta TDI Gearbox...?

Something is wrong with my gearbox. I noticed a problem getting the gear into Reverse and then at a stoplight a few minutes later, I was unable to put the car into any gear. I sat there with my hazards on and finally got it into 1st gear, but when I went to change to 2nd, it slipped out again and I had to coast to a gas station. It?s now being towed to the dealership, but I don?t want to be charged an arm and a leg...anyone have any advice or had this problem before?

Reply to
uncnicki

Could be a number of problems:

  1. broken clutch cable (had that happen on 87 jetta)
  2. broken throwout bearing (had that happen on same jetta)
  3. worn clutch

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire