2000 TDI Eng Temp Light

My 2000 Bug TDI's blue temp light comes on randomly after the car has been driven for over 30-40 minutes. The light comes on and then just as randomly goes off.

The car has been at the dealer for three days. They've been driving the car around with the hopes of seeing the light (literally). No joy. They don't think anything is wrong. I'm assuming there must be a loose connection somewhere but I would think the dealer could figure this out. Would appreciate any input on what do I do now?

Reply to
Terray Wood

If the water pump is working correctly, then I would replace the ECT. It's a cheap part and repair... and a guess! But a good guess.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck