TDI Temp light - prob?

Hi,

I have an '03 TDI Jetta Wagon and it's doing something a little puzzling. The temp light flash and alarm (3 beeps) sounds whenever I start the car. According to the manual, the alarm is either for low coolant (it isn't) or else an overheat condition (unlikely - it happens right after starting the car). The temp gauge reads the normal 190 deg., so I've been ignoring it until my next scheduled service in about 2 weeks. The dealer agreed that as long as the gauge doesn't indicate overheating, it's safe to wait. Anyone have an idea if this is really safe or not?

Thanks,

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Mike

Go with dealers advice. But could be as easy as the coolant bottle's internal sensor.

Reply to
Woodchuck