2001 Beetle brake light

The right brake light bulb went out in this beetle, and I can't see how to get to the bulb. I removed a little plastic hatch in trunk area behind the lamp assembly that I thought would lead me to it, but there is nothing I can see except metal. Do I go from the inside of the car, do I go through the fender well, or do I have to take the bumper off? Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
qslim

IF (big if) it is the same as my 2002, you start inside and open up the access hole behind it and un screw the retainer, then you go outside and pop the fixture out and then the lamp holders are bayoneted into the fixtures so you just twist and remove. Sounds a lot harder than it is.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Woodchuck