2001 Jetta VR6 Auto Peeling Interior?

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

In my center console the carbon material is peeling off rapidly. Also, the grip handle on the door is peeling. I haven't seen the same problem in other Jettas. What is up with this?

Ciao- Kat

Reply to
KB

All new VWs with the soft-touch plastic suffer from peeling. Has happened in other VWs...you just haven't seen it yet. There is no fix although if it's still under the bumper2bumper warranty take it to the dealer and the parts should be replaced for free. It'll probably happen again though in which case if it's out of warranty just peel it off yourself once it starts and be done with it.

My '00 Eurovan has a door handle that's peeling. And our '00 BMW 328Ci also had a peeling door handle issue recently too so it's not limited to VW.

Reply to
Matt B.

My 2001 Jetta is peeling as well, multiple spots on the console.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer