2002 GTI shocks compatible with 1996 GTI?

A friend of a friend just upgraded the shocks on his 2002 GTI, and is looking to donate the oem shocks. I don't know yet if they're front or rear. Is there any chance of them fitting on my '96 GTI? I think mine have been getting rougher, after 134k miles. I think the newer ones only have

30k or so on them, which has got to be better, I assume. Any knowledgeable persons answer this? Thanks!

Matty

Reply to
Matt Anderson