2002 seat problem

I recently traded my 96 XLT for a 2002 XLT, and in most respects it's a giant leap up in performance and quality. My one big complaint is the front seats...THEY SUCK! Part of it is that they're leather, which I really don't like, but the vehicle had all the other features I was looking for at a good price, so I settled. But the worst part is they don't have any of the side support or thigh support the 96 had. It's like they took a hard bench seat and cut out a piece in the middle for the console. My 1970 Valiant was more comfortable! In an earlier post, someone said you don't sit in them, you sit on them. My question...has anyone dealt with this problem? I'm thinking either new seats entirely, or possibly reupholstry with some upgraded foam. Any replacement seat recommendations? How about the cost? Anyone with light colored cloth wanna trade? (I'm serious, I'll even do the rear seats too.) Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Jonah