2004 Passat

Anyone know about any redesign for the `04 Passat? I'm thinking of buying one but figure they are probably about ready to do a major redesign of the
car. Specifically, I'm thinking they may want to switch from the 2.8L and go to the Audi 3.0L engine to minimize their engine types. Any news or rumours appreciated!
Dave
Nothing as of 8/1/03 from what I read. Haven't heard any rumors of the 3.0

The 2.0L TDI engine will be available for 2004. The big redesign is due 2005. But given VWs record, I would not buy until all the bugs are worked out. It seems to have taken most of the design cycle to do so on the current vintage. I am wondering if the 180hp 1.8T will be available on the Passat for 2004? It seems silly to make the same engine in 170 and 180 hp at the same time to go into different cars.
Snopeks wrote:

There was some sketches of the 2005 Passat and Wagon in either last month's or the month before Automobile magazine. Looks very, very pretty. It will probably replace my GTI as I expect to have well over 100K miles by then...
Peace...
...wil

buying
the
and

Here's news on VW's 2004 lineup: http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_2.shtml
Passat will not be new. Mostly color and some equipment/trim changes.
Snopeks wrote:

That would certainly be nice (wish they'd done it for the '03s :-/) but I haven't heard any such. IIRC the next Passat will switch to transverse engines, using the 3.2 VR6 that's going in the R32.
-- Mike Smith