2007 Passat 2.0T

How in the heck do I get at the Air Cleaner on this Passat??? I have a K&N filter for it, anyone with experience using K&N on the 2007 2.0T? Thanks in advance......

Joe

Reply to
Joe Gliebe

You may want to reconsider that K&N filter. Unless you are very careful and diligent about cleaning and oiling it, you may find yourself buying lots of MAFs. Just a little oil will knock them out.

Why do you want to use a K&N?

While they do breathe a little better, unless you have done some serious modifications, there is very little to gain in a modern engine as they breathe will stock. Now back in the 50's and 60's you had a lot to gain, but not today.

In the long run you will save a little on the cost of filters, but it is likely that you will end up loosing all that and more on a new MAF.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Thanks for the advice, not my first time with a K&N, my Porsche dealer told me the same thing, he was wrong. SO, please can someone answer the question that I asked.

Reply to
Joseph Gliebe

it's mounted within the top engine cover. But why a K$N filter?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Hey, you can believe what you like, but the fact is, people have tested Audi A4's (same car slightly older version of the same engine) and found no power gain when a K&N was used. They used a VAG-COM to monitor the MAF readout.

As for potential dangers of the K&N, there is more danger both from a perspective of worse filtration and that MAF's that are not equipped with a burn-off feature could get coated with the filter oil on the sensor and start to respond poorly.

I'm glad that you've had one anecdotal experience that it hasn't killed your MAF yet. And of course I'm assuming said Porsche was equipped with a MAF (which no doubt if it was, was constructed the same as the VW one). You are truly a wise man ignoring the advice of multiple people on this newsgroup who have been around forever not to mention your favorite dealer. More power to you (well in a figurative sense, since it won't increase the power of you car one bit).

Reply to
<no