Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 Jetta Ticking now Whacking
Is the noise on acceleration only or anytime the engine is on?
13
13

'99 Wolfsburg Golf is possessed!
Hi everyone - My '99 Wolfsburg is either possessed or has a bizarre electrical problem. I haven't driven it for about 24 hours. This evening, someone came home and told me that my cabin light is on. I...

Need part number gas pedal / cable bushing
Hi I am lookin for the part number for the rubber bushing that pushes into the gas pedal on a 1984 rabbit gti. All the rabbits were the same. It is the bushing that the throttle cable hooks into....
4
4

1984 Rabbit GTI Starts then dies
Hi I have a 1984 GTI Rabbit. This morning the car started fine then died after about 5 seconds. It started right back up and then it died a few seconds later. So I started it a 3rd time. this time I...
3
3

Rotor came off but...
The rotor finally came off my 90 Golf 8v but in the process I busted loose one of the sensors on the top of the upper radiator hose as it leads to the motor. One of these is the coolant temp sensor....
3
3

A Quick Question
Hi there! Unfortunately, I don't have a manual for my 2000 Jetta GL, 2.0 Manual - so I have to ask you all this quick question. Perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the times I start my car (morning, noon, and night...
6
6

Need 96 Jetta Throttle Body 2.0 Core
Does anyone have an old throttle body hanging around they want to unload? I'm looking for a core. Mine has one small defect, adn I'd like to keep it as a spare. Contact me at steve dot foley at att...

Rotor won't come off
I can't get the distributor rotor off of my 90 Golf 8v. What am I doing wrong? I've pulled and yanked 'till it busted and I can't get the thing off! Please help.
6
6

Dislodged Skid Plates
Hi all. I had the car washed this morning, and the attendant pointed out to me (before the car went into the tunnel) that skid plates on my 2002 2.0L Golf had become dislodged. Rather than driving...
2
2

1999 New Beetle
Hi All, I purchased this beetle for my wife in January. She had always wanted one. It only had 27000 miles on it and seemed too good a deal to pass up on. It runs fine and handles well. Its problems...
5
5

Overheating...Update
Volkswagen CL Umwelt TD Estate. 1.9 AAZ engine 1998 S reg. New waterpump, still overheating, the blower is heating up just fine and all hoses hot except the bottom radiator hose. What next? Airlock ,...
4
4

Rabbit running rough
I have a problem that just started. Below 3000 rpm and at idle the car runs really rough, sputters and hesitates but above 3000 rmp it runs fine. I replaced the cap/rotor/plugs and plug wires and it...
2
2

Rebuild engine
Anyway to remove the engine without supporting the transaxle per the manual. Need to do a rebuild. 88 Fox Wagon. 1.8L, longitudanal tranny/axle. >350K miles.
11
11

Now known about Paula Dean
In Paula Deans past; back in the early 90s, Paula was a victim of spousal abuse. That's right folks, it looks like all along Paula was a battered woman. She split up with her husband because he was...

90 Golf ticking, shuttering
90 Golf 8v 1.8 The motor has a ticking problem that I was hoping I could get some advice about. Also, lately the car has been shuddering a bit at idle. It never had a really steady idle, but lately...
5
5