Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: EGR valve, Wont pass Emissions ( says too much NOx) 90 golf GL 8v
High NO means it's probably running too hot. Ignition timing may be off, but could also be a variety of more likely things... thermostat failing to open wide, radiator not cooling properly, water pump...

Re: Wheel offset for '96 Golf MkIII
I Have a 1996 vw jetta I run 195/50/r15 with 15" wheels I would recommend getting 16" with 195/50/r16 because I would have if I didn't get such a good deal on 15"s.

Missing on cold startup??
2000 Jetta 1.8T Auto trans.27K miles Having a problem with missing on startup. Changed the plugs and it stopped for a while and has started again. Doesn't seem to do that after warm up, just on cold...
5
5

Newbie needs advise with VAG-COM and Bentley
I have decided to take the next step, as far as the level of work that I will do on my 2000 Jetta TDI, and purchase VAG-COM. On the Ross Tech site, they recommend purchasing a Bentley "Official...
1
1

Colorado Springs VW Show
Just wanted to let you guys know that the 2nd Annual Dubs Along the Rockies is right around the corner. Here is a link to the site that will give you all of the details: make it easy, here it is...

No Blink Codes: Need help diagnosing
1995 2l Jetta (Motronic). Cold running is rough, I have lots of hesitation. Once warm, it still feels like the engine is underpowered. If you deck it, it pulls hard and around 3500 it feels like it...
1
1

1999 WOLFSBURG JETTA 4 SALE
Black 1999 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 Liter Engine Aircooled MkIII Bodystyle 8 Valve SOHC 115 hp. Asking $9,000 OBO. Has 79K Miles. Selling because I can't afford the payments any longer. Located in Western...
5
5

Fox 88 radiator pin hole!!
Have a pinhole in my radiator plastic top header How can I fix this with gleu ?? any suggestions ??? moony.
4
4

Camshaft Position Sensor Passat
97 VW Passat VR6 auto I got a DTC 16725 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal 35-00 - - I checked the voltage at the CMP (#1 and #3 pins) and got over the required 10 volts. I put in a...

A3 VR6 Airbag light coming on intermittently
hey all, I have a 1997 (non DE) GTi-VR6, and every once in a while the airbag dummy light flickers on. Sometimes it'll stay on for a few seconds, sometimes it just blinks. I seem to notice it happens...
1
1

Re: Girlfriend running Engine with low Oil, 90 golf 8v
bump
6
6

Re: Ran on 94 octane (from 87) now surge of momentary power at start then stutter
I know what you mean. My Jetta flew on Premium fuel...it makes some sortof difference... - Peter
2
2

A/C Problem
I'm trying to figure out why the A/C on my 93 Fox is not working. Firstly, all but the high settings on the fan don't work... so (according to the Bentley manual) I think THAT problem is a bad series...

Re: Getting the ECU Blink Codes from an A3
Hi Adam, I have tried the procedure mentionned in the manual on a 1996 Golf, and it never worked either. I got pretty much the same results as you. My feeling is this (and it's really a guess): Since...
1
1

vw lt parts FS
I have a load of engine parts for sale from a 1989 VW LT 35 TD, things like the turbo, injection pump, injectors, head, radiator, manifolds, exhaust system, oil pump, vacuum pump, oil cooler etc, all...