82 Diesel Vanagon Clutch Problems

The clutch in my diesel Westy has been giving me trouble. It works fine for the first 5 or 6 shifts but then slowly starts engaging lower and lower to the floor until not at all. If I let it sit for awhile and drive it again it is the same process all over again. Suggestions?

Reply to
Harold Travis

Could be clutch master or slave cylinder. I suggest replacing both of them.

Reply to
Woodchuck