'84 GTI, Fuel Gauge Sender

Which way does the float go on the swing arm? With the arm pointing to the rear of the car, is the float ball on the driver or passenger side of the car, (LHD)? It will go in the empty tank either way. But, I think I remember, from years ago, that it only swings freely if it's on the correct side of the arm. I didn't notice which way it was, when I took it apart. Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

Never mind; I found a picture:

.