'84 GTI, Fuel Hoses

I'm carefully preparing to start the car after it's been sitting for 14 years. Are the fuel lines/hoses likely to be ok, or at least good enough to start the car. They have had only pre '93 gas in them. What has been your experience with cars in continuous use? Have the hoses and braided lines held up? So far, I've pumped the tank out through the fuel gauge sender. I got about a quart of evil smelling liquid out, no water. What I can see of the tank's inside isn't rusty, or anything. I plan to rig a switch to the fuel pump socket; so I can run the pump without power to the rest of the car. I'll disconnect the fuel line at the input to the filter under the hood and run fresh gas from the tank, through the pump etc. to that point. If all goes well I'll proceed down the line to the injectors. Comments? Mike M.

Reply to
Mike