84 Rabbit GTI

Question on Alternator, What alternators will work as replacement? I was told by a guy at the wrecking yard that all the Rabbits used the same alternator... is this true? can I go take a aternator off any rabbit and use it? or will a later A2 Golf alternator mount up? any ideas would be great.

Thanks

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

I believe cars with AC had more powerful ones. Without AC should be able to take either.

Reply to
Johann Koenig

back then VW used Bosch & Motorola and as long as they have the same plug and the belt lines up then they should work.

Reply to
Woodchuck