84 Rabbit GTI

I know this may seem like a lame question. but on a 1984 Rabbit GTI, how do you turn on the rear wiper? when I turn on the wiper there is no setting that affects the rear, front wipers work fine, in the dash there is no button for the rear wiper.. can someone give me a clue.

-=Lee=-

Reply to
Lee

Push the wiper arm away from you. Instead of towards you for the washer spray.

Reply to
tado

Push the wiper stalk.

Reply to
Dave

To answer the next question, push it again to turn it off :)

welcome to the weirdness that is VW rear wiper controls.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

and if it's anything like on my A2, pushing away a little bit turns it on and pushing it away a lot sprays the back window.

(in theory, anyway.)

it's such a fine line between the two functions that I always ended up spraying the back window regardless of which function I intended to activate.

Reply to
Matt B.

Hello Folks, I tired out what people said,

I tried pushing it forward and mist comes out, push it back and the other wipers mist comes out, how ever the back wiper does not turn on, tried pulling on the arm outwards nothing, so still a mystery.. 84 Rabbit GTI... trying to turn rear wiper on.

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

something is not right then, check the motor, wiring, relay etc.

nate

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel