Stereo advice for a 122S?

Anyone have any stereo/wiring advice for a '65 Amazon? Speakers are the big thing. I'm trying to avoid cutting any aditional holes in the car, but those stock speakers (which are all beaten to heck) and the crappy replacement cassette deck need to go.

Thanks!

Reply to
Cormac Foster

Hi Cormac,

Where are the "beat-up" speakers located? Back shelf? ( I take it this is a sedan you're talking about.....) I fitted better speakers in that location in a '67 122S sedan by using the existing holes in the metal panel under the cardboard to accommodate the round magnets, then building a rectangular open-ended box about 2" high to house the cone etc.

Good Luck! Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn