88 Cabriolet Hesitates When Hot

My 88 VW Cabriolet runs fine when it is cool but hesitates quite a bit when it heats up. I have replaced the distributor cap, plug wires, fuel filter and had the coil checked. I have also tried injector cleaner as advised by a local VW expert. Any fresh ideas from anyone?

Reply to
JimBob

I have heard thru the grapevine.....your Cabriolet has 2 fuel pumps...a main one that is in-line underneath the car and a secondary or transfer pump in the tank. The transfer pumps notoriously go bad and cause these problems.

I would verify this is the problem by checking fuel pressure cold and hot and see if the readings are in spec.

Reply to
Simplstupd

many thanks, i will give this a try. jb

Reply to