88 fox valvecover gasket moony

After changing the gasket 5 times with no sucses I pulled the last trick gleud 2 old gaskets together and installed it and it worked!!!!! each time I took the cover of I cleaned the filter in cover with gasoline so on old cars dubbel the gaskets saves you a lot of trouble. Thanks again for all the good advice, Lambert Moonen Los Angeles.

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

Did same on a 88 Fox Wagon just 2 months ago, one gasket. No leaks. Should get the valve cover gasket with both the forward and aft separate pieces in the kit. See the Bentley manual for a pictorial. If the pieces are not installed in the right sequence, you'll get a leak. If the valve cover is warped, bent, or has indentations where the nuts/washers clamp down, it'll leak.

The baffle built into the valve cover is the intake for the PCV system on this particular engine. Its not a filter. If you follow the air hose that attaches atop the valve cover, you'll see it goes to the air filter housing box.

Reply to
Jonny
2 gaskets, you doing something wrong!
Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

True. Old adage. If it works, don't fix it.

Reply to
Jonny