90 passat wont start

Help! while I was stopped at a traffic light my car sputtered & died, couldn't start it back up, it just turns over. checked the fuel

Reply to
Linda Murphy

Does the distributor rotor turn while cranking the engine over?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Linda Murphy

If it's an 8v you'll be ok, idling a 16v and it breaks, good luck. 1000rpm, think about that for a second.

Reply to
Mustangbrad

I have seen two 16V VW engines survive the T-Belt breaking at idle with NO apparent damage. There is hope!!!

dave