Jetta sputters when cold

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed over the course of the last week or two that when I start my Jetta after it has been sitting for a while, it sputters/bogs down when I put it in drive and put my foot on the accelerator. It happens for 1-3 seconds, and then she takes off no problem. The coolant temp sensor, O2 sensor, Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotor, and air/fuel/oil filters are all new within the last 6 months.

Any Ideas?

It's a 1990 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition

1.8L Digifant engine with automatic transmission

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Does it go away for good once you're driving? If not, it may be your fuel pump (the one in the tank). Or it could be as simple as a fuel filter. You could have a bad air bypass. Or even a vacuum leak. Good luck.

Tim

Reply to
Mr Jones

It goes away as soon as I get going...It is just the first couple of take offs...once the temperature needle moves the slightest amount, it's fine.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

If it's the in-tank fuel pump, you should notice it start to get worse. Especially on hot days.

Tim

Reply to
Mr Jones

It's a new pump!