91 Jetta shift boot -- where to get one?

I just bought a 91 Jetta. Great car but the shift boot is all torn and isn't keeping much out of the gear box (is that what it's called?).

Anyway, all I can find at local stores is a univeral rubber one by Mr. Gasket. I thought I could make it work, now I know better.

Where can I get a decent aftermarket shit boot? Don't care about flashy colors and stuff. Just want to keep crap from falling into my gear box (is that what you call it?)

Thanks

Reply to
Dude Cooper

Go to the dealer....the shift boots are like $40 and they fit perfectly.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I usually find stuff off Ebay if I am patient. ;-) A seamstress, shoe repair shop or maybe cleaners could make one for you. If you can't locate one, I can probably get a black leather one from my wholesale for under $20.

dave

I picked one up (along with a few other interior bits at a local wrecker (auto recycler?) for $10CAN.

good luck, doug

Reply to
Douglas k Brown

I had the same problem when I got my 1991 Jetta (previous owner didn't seem to care about the torn boot nor the crap that had fallen through, including what appeared to be most of a bag of peanuts); I went to the local rice^H^H^H^H aftermarket parts store and they didn't have it in stock but were able to special order a fake-leather shift boot for about $25. Name of the vendor was Yipes Auto Accessories, I don't recall the make of the shift boot. Around here, going to the junkyard would probably not work because most/all of the boots there would be in similar condition.

Reply to
Kevin T. Broderick

I bought mine at the dealer, $30.

Reply to
Mustangbrad

I found one through Google that looks promising:

The price/quality (real leather!) fits my needs/budget, but the thing is they're in Poland. My credit card has zero liability for fraud, but I'm still kinda spooked when it comes to dealing with international CC orders.

Anyone used them before?

Reply to
Dude Cooper