93 Eurovan wont start and keeps blowing fuse 15...

It all started about two weeks ago. As I was driving the engined stalled and would not start back up, so I had it towed. The next morning the shop called and said it started right back up, but had to be jumped. They could'nt find any thing wrong with it. So this happened

2 more times usually after 30+ miles. So I took it to VW dealer and they couldnt find any thing wrong it, but they suggested to change the throttle body and said they couldnt guaratee that would fix the problem. I didnt think the that was the problem so I declined service. On the way home from a close grocery stop it happened again but would not start back up. I towed it home and changed the ingnition coil, A few people told me this may be the problem. It did start after I instaled it but only stayed on for about a minute before dying, while it was on the oil light was on, I figured this was because I changed the oil switch and the one advanced auto gave me wasnt the same as the one I removed, at least it dindnt look like it, it was green and the one I removed was grey. So now it will not start up at all again, but every time I turn the ignition to start fuse 15 (engine electronics) keeps blowing.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN......

Reply to
sealcoating

You ran the engine for a minute with the oil light on? That's living life on the edge, man!

So, why was the oil pressure switch replaced in the first place? Did the light fail to come on when the ignition was on and the engine was off?

Reply to
tylernt

The switch was leaking, and the light does come on when the engine is off. Ive already put the old switch back in and the fuse is still blowing, and the engine wont start. Ive also tried disconnecting the ignition coil to see if that was the cause but the fuse still blew.

Reply to
sealcoating