94 Jetta 2.0 front brakes. Whats needed?

Gotta do the front brakes on above car. Was going to order OEM replacement pads and rotors from germanautoparts.com. Is there anything else one needs hardware wise? Live in the salty midwest by the way. How about the rears. Its not time for them quite yet, but is there any hardware thats recommended to be replaced when you do pads and rotors. Braking system appears to work fine by the way. Just doing the fronts now as pads are nearly gone and rotors have about 5 mils of material over the service limit.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

I would slide the caliper pins out and clean/ regrease them. Also, if the boot for the caliper pin is torn or messed up, you can get a boot kit that comes with two new boots, and some grease. If your rear brakes squeak or make noise alot, then most likely, your caliper pins are rusty or dirty. This has been the case on both '94 and '96 Golf's I used to own.

Reply to
Kurtis Daniels

Reply to
Randolph