94 Jetta OBD code extraction?

I've read in the 94 Jetta owner's manual by Bentley that you can read the error codes out by shorting a pin on the connector and turning on the ignition switch and count the blinking of the Check Engine Light indicator. I read this and was not able to make the indicator blink. Has anyone had success using a similar procedure? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron Lawrence

Not sure if these instructions would apply to a '94 Jetta (2.0 engine with motronic, right?) but on my '91 GTI (Digifant I) you turn on the ignition, connect the jumper, light comes on solid (I think...it's been a while), wait about 5-10 seconds, remove jumper (did you remove your jumper wire?), and the light will flash the codes.

To erase them, same procedure but you connect the jumper first before turning on the ignition.

Reply to
Matt B.