94 Jetta Will not shut off

Anyone have an idea why my 94 Jetta will not shut off. It starts and runs fine but will not shut off when I turn the key to the off position. I have to disconect the battery, The ACC lights on the dash stay on anytime the battery is connected. I purshased a new key cylender but am reluctent to put it in unless I'm sure that will fix it. Any ideas?

Reply to
simon

Take a electronics course for $15K so you can learn how to use a volt meter and then test your wiring. That's what I did. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Is it gas or diesel?

Reply to
wolfsburgnut

That is the more telling symptom.

A new key cylinder would not be relevant. A key switch could be.

Reply to
Tom's VR6
15K Couldn't you just read the directions on the box? I found the problem yesterday. Thanks

Poor stereo installation by the prior owner. I bought it at auction.

Reply to
simon