95' Jetta III GL - Lock question from last week

Ok so i had fun this morning I got out of class and went to unlock my passenger side door and now that one wont work so I had to have a guy come and pop open the door for me. I went to the dealership they said it would cost $100 for each door and labor cost. I called a local guy here in Colorado and he said oh ya typical problem for the 93-99 Jetta's it is the tumbler there is a piece of metal that breaks. So he ordered 2 of the new updated kits and is going to install them for me in the morning on my car for only $140 for both including labor. Glad I decided to ask you guys first otherwise the dealer would have ripped me off. Thanks as always I just wanted to give you guys a update.

Reply to
Mike Stafford

That's the web page I sent you last week, that explained how to change those. Easy stuff, just gotta pay attention while you're doing it so you put all the pins for the lock back in the correct places.

That said, for around an hour labor for the two sides plus parts, seems reasonable. IIRC the parts are about $25/side - but that was in 1996.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Reply to
Mike Stafford

LOL! That's why *I* usually do it, and when I don't I'm extremely selective in who I let touch it.

Hope it works out for you. Let us know if that's what it was and if the fix works.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol

Reply to