95 WV bus with fuel problem

Hi

I have a 1995 Volkswagen Caravelle (should be almost the same as transporter and eurovan but it is not a diesel). Today when I started it there were some problems, it coughed a little and made som strange noises but eventually it started.

I thought it was all fine and drove of but the problem is that as soon as I started to pushg it a little more (gear up to second gear and give more gas) it stalled on me and the engine stoped.

I managed to start it once or twice more and it works fine on first gear (even with high rpms) but as soon as I try to shift up and go up hill or give it more powere the engine stops (and it is really hard to get it going again).

The ignition seems to work so my only idea is that it is not getting enough fuel. Could it be the fuelpump? The fuel filter? Water in the gasoline? Leaking fuel hose?

Does this sound like something I can fix myself (with out beeing to good with cars) or is it time to tow it to the dealer?

Any pointes are much appreciated I don't know what to do now.

Tim

Reply to
T. G

Hmm, two days later I tried to start the car and it worked perfectly. Not a single cough. My only thoughts now are was it water somewhere that is now gone? Is the fuel filter clogged but some of the cloggyness have been somewhat moved or something?

I am thinking about changing the fuelfilter just in case, it cant be too expensive I think.

Tim

Reply to
T. G