Crap Service from Pipercross

Here's something about pipercross. Am I asking too much to get the right induction kit? Am I the only one?

Subject: What are Pipercross doing? > > To all at Pipercross > > Hi, > > I own a new (04 plate) Hyundai Coupe 2.0 SE. > > I have been trying to fit one of your Viper kits to my car for over a month. Here's the story. > > Chapter 1 > I checked out your web site for the correct application for my car. At that time, your site said VFC233. By the way, it still does. I didn't know it at the time but this information was out of date. That's just another word for inaccurate. Of course I'm psychic because I need to be don't I. Halfords checked it with their documentation which also said VFC233. But, you apparently knew which car it was for when Halfords placed the order so someone at the other end, your end, should have said at that point "oh we haven't developed that one yet". Why didn't someone spot the problem at your end? I would actually like a real answer please. Some days later, the order arrived at Halfords. Sure enough a VFC 233 kit with the instructions for another kit altogether - something that wasn't even a Viper. I managed to figure out that this kit wouldn't work after spending a couple of hours trying to make it fit. Halfords, very graciously refunded the cost of the incorrect kit when I returned it. > > Chapter 2 > I called PC to clarify all this and by the way, I have been told by two people at Pipercross that about 80% of fitting a Viper is precise and the remaining 20% is at the discretion of the user. This statement is rubbish for the following reason. When you designate a part for a specific vehicle, you should already have knowledge, at least, of a recommended fitment for that application, including necessary bracketry. Anything else is a fudge. You must have a good idea HOW to complete the fitting and you should include the appropriate instructions. I am an engineer myself so I wouldn't accept a relaxation of this position.This of course can not apply to generic or universal kits. > > Chapter 3 > I was told a few weeks ago byPipercross that they were developing a new VFC kit for the Hyundai and that this kit has part number VFC290. I waited until the new kit was available and asked Halfords to obtain it for me, which they kindly did. Or so I thought. And so did they. Guess what turned up today? VFC 290? No. A VFC 209 for a VW Golf, I think. I know the error does not lie at the Halfords end because I heard them phone the order through last week. > > Epilogue > I have spent so much time, money and many journeys trying to get what I want. I just wanted the right kit of parts (complete by the way - stuff the 20% guess work), but this doesn't seem possible. Halfords have done their best for me but have not been able to deliver the promissed parts because of obvious problems at your end. I have now given up because I believe that PiperCross have not behaved in a way that suggests competence or care for its customers. It's just sloppy. > > I would be interested in your comments. An apology would go some way too. Is there anything you can say to me to encourage me to re-order, or am I likely to be disappointed again? > > Guy Gerrard > > >

James wrote:

Dear Sir > > In answer to Chapter one, I spoke to you at great length about how Hyundai had changed the 04 model injection system, Unfortunately Hyundai do not have the courtesy of informing pipercross of the changes....hence Pipercross supplied you a kit for the 02 + kit VFC233, Unfortunalty as mentioned the kit is different. > > I informed you we was going to developed a kit for the 04 model, You have been unlucky enough to have your filter mispicked, instead of the brand new kit VFC290 you got VFC209... this is an honest mis pick? > > I will apologise, and send another filter carriage free,if that is what you choose. > > Kind regards > > James Pearman > Sales Manager > >

Mr Pearman.

I thank you for your apology. Everyone makes mistakes.

I note your comments. It is not the responsibility of Hyundai to keep you informed of modifications to specification. Your reply seems to indicate this as your expectation. However, it is your responsibility, as a third party manufacturer, to keep apprised of specification changes if you are supplying specific kits. Failure to do so results in precisely what happened in my case. You will find this applies in most industries. Sadly, many companies do not seem to have the resources to accomplish this. Sadly, other companies don't take it that seriously. Either way, the problems cost more money to sort out in the long run, with concommitant "bad feeling" and dissatisfaction by customers.

You have not commented on my assertions about level of fit on specific applications. I will assume therefore that you disagree and that your stance remains company policy. If I am wrong about this, please let me know and I will be happy to place an order for the third and final time.

regards Guy Gerrard

Reply to
Guy Gerrard

How many cars do you think Pipercross sell kits for? How do you expect them to know of every change in every car almost instantly? As you said your car was brand new and had a completely new intake design. It's totally unrealistic to expect them to have had a kit developed ready for the new car's system. Do you know when the change in designee took place?

Reply to
Depresion

In news:cng4ct$msv$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, Guy Gerrard decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Er, you appear to have mislaid the fact that most aftermarket "induction kits" only increase noise, whilst very often reducing power.

Why the f*ck are you buying one?

Reply to
Pete M

Hi, yes over six months ago, the model was changed, actually closer to a year really. It's probably unrealistic to expect them to keep up with it, as you say. It's just a complete waste of time for the customer though and that;s the point. But that's the market they're in! When I buy a product, I expect it to be according to spec.

Reply to
Guy Gerrard

"Pete M" wrote

Oi I was going to say that :)

Reply to
fishman

actually vipers are quiet and not bad for performance.

not amazing but at least you dont loose any power.

Reply to
Mason

He bought a Hyundai. What more can you say. And now he wants it to go fast.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston