97 Jetta GLX: False setting of the alarm

97 Jetta GLX

Sometimes when I am just sitting in my car (engine off) or driving, I look over and notice that the little alarm light of the driver's door has started to flash. This can occur even when the door is unlocked.

Then when I open the door (from the inside), the alarm goes off and I have to jump out and "unlock" the door to turn the alarm off. I can't pin the behavioit down to any particular set of circumstances. Does anynody have any suggestions on where to look?

Many thanks.

- Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Pasika

Broken wires in door jams Bad door switches Bad grounds

Reply to
Woodchuck

sounds spooky if you ask me :) just imagined you in a horror film looking over your shoulder and catching out of the corner of your eye a flashing red light :-O

Reply to
Joe