'97 Passat heater core

....My '97 Passat heater core ruptured today.I've never seen anything like this before and I drove rusty rat Chevy's back in the '70's. Even though this is now an 8 year old car,is this something that I should bitch to VW about????? I'd appreciate any feedback.Thanks!

Reply to
Nevermind

You could call VW and see what they say? DON'T BITCH, be professional. But my guess you will have to PAY to have it replaced.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Are you the original owner? If so, take it to the dealership and ask them to contact VWOA and see if they will cover parts and labor. The heater core in my 95 Passat went earlier this year at 100K miles, and VWOA covered parts and labor.

Reply to
CSS

Take a look at the vwvortex "passat all other models" group on this. VWoA has recently been ponying-up on paying for some of these, as well they should. The heater cores in these cars are dangerous and if they should happen to go at highway speeds could cause crashes. Be polite and professional when you talk to them, but be persistent. You will probably need to have a diagnostic done by your local dealer shop before vw will move on it. And if you've put green prestone junk in it... fuhgeddaboudit.

Best o' luck - Chris

Reply to
starburst