98 Cabrio has flashing temperature gauge

My 1998 Cabrio has a flashing temperature gauge light that comes on as soon as the car is started, but the temperature gauge dial never reads that the car is overheating. I had the oil changed and all fluids topped off, and it stopped flashing on and off for about a week. Can anyone guess why this light is flashing? Should I stop driving the car?

Reply to
linnie

If the coolant is low then maybe just the gauge is faulty.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Flashing temp warning light is the indication of low coolant level. I had a slow leak due to lower hose fitting o-ring, that only leaked under pressure (after the engine warmed up).

Reply to
TimW