98 Golf Seat Cusion

After nearly 20 years of continuous VW ownership I took a 3 year hiatus because my '88 Golf was worn and the AC had failed at a time when my neighbor had a car with working AC on his lawn for sale. After a 3 year sojourn in the land of Mopar, I've returned to the VW fold.

The '98 Golf I just purchased has a worn left lower seat bolster on it. I can see this is a common problem. There are lots of posts on this issue here, and my brother-in-law, who has 2 A3 cars in his driveway has had the same problem with his.

From the posts I see here, I can see that replacement of the cushion

is in order, and it doesn't seem to be a difficult job. My question is thus: I have several seats out of an A2 body car, which look similar. Does anyone know of the cushion from one of these will work?

Reply to
bruce