Passat, 2007 Tire Pressure

Does anyone know what the setpoint is for the "Tire Pressure Too Low" alarm in the new Passat. The dealer could not tell me. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Joe Gliebe

not fully sure but I think it's 5psi lower than spec. Why you ask...

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Because the dash lit up with the tires at 30.5, 31.5, 31.5, and 32. The spec, in the door says 35, but i had to raise them all above 35 to clear the light.

Reply to
Joe Gliebe

my guess the 30.5 tire is the one that turned the lamp on.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
Jim Behning

BTDT, and now I only use digital gauges.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
Jim Behning

If it had to go unusually high to clear the light, when did you fill them? Were the tires warm when you pumped them up to above 35 to clear the light?

I took measurements on our BMW X3 cold in our garage. Drove to the gas station and measured again with my own gauge. Same gauge now read 2-3 psi higher. So when you were really raising them to 35psi if they were warm the real "cold" pressure (which is where they should be measured and filled at) may have been 32 or 33.

Reply to
Matt B.