Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

Best:
1. Newest Scirocco 2. A4 Golf and GTI 3. A4 Jetta 4. Corrado 5. New Beetle 6. Oldest Bus 7. A2 Jetta 8. 412 and 411
9 A2 Golf and GTI 10. Older Scirocco 11. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI 12. Passat 13. Vanagon 14. Newest Bus 15. Lupo and Polo (tie)
Worst:
1. Fox 2. Squareback 3. Middle age Bus 4. Old Beetle 5. Toureg 6. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI 7. Dasher
Oh I forgot any Karman Ghia which of course goes in worst list - probably about 3rd or 4th to be exact (slightly uglier than old beetle).

how could you possibly consider this ugly?
if you have ever owned a Corrado.. it has to be higher than 4th
timeless lines...
i still excited when i see a picture, or one in person
owning a Corrado is to appreciate VW form
my 2 cents canadian
cheers
Mike

I don't think anyone is ever going to agree on this list... personally I think the original Scirocco is possibly the best looking VW ever... one of Giugiaro's better designs, not too extreme but tight and classy at the same time.
Personally I think the KG is 2nd and Corrado maybe 3rd... the form has promise but a lot of its lines are ripped off from the old Studebaker Avanti and honestly IMHO Loewy did it better. Those are probably the only three VWs that I truly DROOL over although I do have a soft spot for Mk2 Sciroccos having driven one for years. I miss that car sometimes...
I really don't get the evolution of the Golf/Jetta platform. I dunno whether I like A1s or A2s better, it depends on the day, but each iteration following has been less appealing to me than the one before (OK, I like the A4 just because it had the ultra-badass 1.8T in it, but other than that I can leave 'em all, A5 included. The 1.8T really belongs in a Mk1 Scirocco anyway <G>)
nate
michael wrote:

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Rob Guenther wrote:

*Too* much presence. Heavy-handed and unsubtle, IMO. For me, the best-looking VW is a tossup between the A4 GTI (esp. R32) and B5/5.5 Passat.

Nice, but kinda feminine-looking, epsecially the rear of the roof/window area.

Speaking of Audis, now *there* are some damn fine looking VWs (well, VAG, anyhow). The new A6, and the A8 short-wheelbase, are a couple of the best looking cars ever made.
-- Mike Smith

Don't like feminine rear ends, hey, Mike? Something you want to tell us?
No, please don't tell us.
Also, where does A5 Golf and Jetta go on the list? I would put this Golf way higher than the Jetta which looks like a dam Toyota.

OK, here's the final revised list that we all now agree to:
Best (best on top):
1. Newest Scirocco 2. A4 Golf and GTI 3. A4 Jetta 4. Corrado 5. A5 Golf and GTI 6. New Beetle 7. Oldest Bus 8. A2 Jetta 9. 412 and 411 10 A2 Golf and GTI 11. Phaeton 12. Older Scirocco 13. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI 14. Passat 15. Vanagon and Polo (tie) 16. Newest Bus 17. Lupo
Worst (from ulgliest to less ugly but all are still ugly):
1. Fox 2. Thing 3. Squareback 4. Middle age Bus 5. Kharman Ghia 6. A5 Jetta 7. Toureg 8. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI 9. Old Beetle 10. Dasher

LOL. I'm not sure that I like this list. Only 1/3 of the VWs I've owned made the Best list, and my current ride it on the Worst list. :-(
-=- Tom
About the Audi's - I agree, they are the best looking sedans on the road right now (A6 gets my top marks).

Of course others will have a different list of what is the best looking and what is the worst looking. It's all a matter of personal preference. As the old saying goes: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". For example, I would put the old Beetle up near the top of the best looking.

I second that, the old beetle is possibly one of my favourate VWs, besdies my A3 golf *scowls at tom*.

I would rate anything with the auto-stick transmission or an A/C on any air cooled as deserving to be on the worse
Frankly I consider the Gia one of the best looking cars ever made.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
The VW Thing ?
Basil wrote:

Yea most ugly by design. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Basil wrote:

Either the best, or the worst - I can't decide. ;-)
-- Mike Smith
OH yeah. That goes near the top of the ugly list. sorry.

I hope I didn't annoy too many people. But it was a thing of beauty.
*MYSTIC*