Adjustment gauge (3104)

On my 91 jetta 1.8L, the Gearshift linkage adjustment

requires a VW special tool Adjustment gauge (3104) Anyone have experience adjustment linkage without the "special tool"?

Reply to
MarioS

Randolph

size substitute for the VW special tool.

stick the end of the casette that's the "fat" end (where it has open access to the tape) between the shifter and left side of the console and that's the correct spacing.

Reply to
Matt B.
*If* it was VW tool 3285 (work's on my '89 and should work on the '91), I have a scanned image. Print, tape to cardboard, cut out and voila...shift linkage tool for a lifetime. Unless, of course, 3104 and 3285 are not the same beast.

Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl