P1582 and P0506 98 GTI

I get my engine check lite on, checked it at Autozone, it came up with two codes: P1582 Idle Speed Control Auxillary input P0506 Idle Control System RPM low

It seems the two are related, any one out there have an idea what this mean, my car is 4 cyl. 2.0L 1998 GTI. It runs fine with the engine light on until I turn the AC on, especially if the car is idle, it would almost die out.

Thanks in advance

--ntn

Reply to
Ntn

I have a 1997 Jetta GLS 2.0 Automatic. My check engine light came on and I recieved the same codes from AutoZone and Advance Auto. Advance lets you use their tool and they print out the codes for you. When I switch on the AC while in drive my idle kinda varies but doesnt almost die. I solved my problem and my check engine light went out after i took off the throttle body and cleaned the insides with a small wire brush dipped in some carb cleaner. My throttle looks like brand new and everything is allright now. That part by my VW dealer is $324.18 and apparently they have to be adapted to the computer according to the technicians at VW. So after you have cleaned the throttle body your idle maybe high or surge but after you have driven it for 30 minutes or 100 miles it will be back to normal. This was the case for me. Hope this helps!!

Reply to
97JettaGLS