air cleaner- vacuum hoses

Those vacuum hoses usually activate a flap inside the air-filter housing in order to select the best temperature for the air entering the engine...without the complete air filter housing it should be better to plug those two vacuum lines... al.

Reply to
al

I apologize if this has been asked before. (I still haven't found my answer)

I have a 94 Golf with a 2.0L. It was wrecked by a previous owner and the air cleaner housing was destroyed. Their solution was to add one of the performance cone shaped filters instead. I have no particular problem with this, but there are many hoses around that are not connected to anything. The car runs mostly o.k., but has some hesitation and I suspect it is related to the open hoses that originally went to the air cleaner.

The question is: Is there any resource that list what the connections were to the old air cleaner and if so where do I get it? (I have not been able to find vacuum routing or other diagrams on the Internet) Additionally, does anyone have instructions for hooking up the conical wedge filter that state what to do with the extra hoses?

Ideally, I will get a used air filter housing and hook it back up, but I would even be o.k with a more proper set up for what is there?

I appreciate any guidence that is available

Stephen Wright

94 Golf
Reply to
Stephen Wright

there's usually a vacuum routing sticker under the hood imho you'd do better if you got the intakes/hoses fittings what ever was removed from a recycle yard. nice new filter

Reply to
samstone

Reply to
none2u