Alarm/starting probs Golf GTi (96 UK)

Any help!! Golf has been standing for over 12 months. Alarm/immob. will now not turn off. Have located the main alarm control behind dashboard but, even when disconnected, the car will turn over but not start. Must be another immob. somewhere?? VW dealers say they have no equipment to reprogramme alarm. Most alarm suppliers say "Fit a new one"

Questions: Can anyone tell me where the other immob. could be? or Does anyone know where I can get this box (told it's a Scorpion) reprogrammed?

Many thanks

Reply to
Greg