Anyone have a Speedometer cable/gear for an A2 Jetta?

Go to Motorworks.com you can get the A2 type Speedo cables there. You also can get one long cable instead and get rid of the O2 box if you want. You should be able to use the speedo gear off of whatever cable you have now. I put an A2 Speedometer into my A1 cluster and was able to get one long A2 cable and used the gear off of my old A1 cable. (I also swapped trannies later and everything still worked). Also the gears can be bought from the dealer for Does anyone have a speedometer cable(and speedo gear attached) for an

Reply to
sehaare

Does anyone have a speedometer cable(and speedo gear attached) for an a2(preferrably german) Jetta?(Doesn't matter if it's one or two pieces)

I've had a bitch of a time getting the bits and pieces of mine to work out correctly, so if anyone's got a full setup.. I'm willing to shell out a little dough to get my speedo working again.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

As I recall there are different gears for different transmission final drive ratios.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

If I remember correctly there are 3 different gears (one of the three was not very common). That's why when you purchase a new speedo cable it usually does not come with the gear you just swap out the one that was on your old cable.

Reply to
sehaare